Ragi/Naachani/Finger millet is considered a ‘superfood’.
Ragi displays a rather impressive nutritional profile, encompassing all the essential macronutrients – carbohydrates, fibers, fats and proteins, along with noteworthy levels of key micronutrients – vitamins and minerals.
Ragi contains considerable quantities of vitamins, to boost immunity and health. The B complex vitamins – and folic acid, as well as calcium, magnesium, iron, and phosphorus as well as dietary fiber, are also found in ample amounts in ragi flour, truly justifying its status as a wholesome breakfast cereal and a superfood.
Turning regular ragi grains into “sprouted ragi” have pretty intriguing nutritional benefits. Once, you soak the ragi grains, they germinate. Sprouts consume some of the grain’s starch, thereby altering the food’s nutritional content. Sprouted grains are natural, nutritious, and healthy.
- The presence of high fibre content in sprouted ragi makes it ideal weight-loss food.
- Sprouted grains contains higher levels of vitamins & minerals than non-sprouted grains.
- Sprouting degrades anti-nutrient Phytates in the food. This increase bioavailability of micronutrients in sprouted grains.
- The chemical changes that occur in the sprouting seed activate a powerful enzyme factory. These enzymes make food easier to digest.
- Sprouting gives unique flavor profile to the food.
Physical health can be maintained by consuming wholesome foods and indulging in regular physical activities. Sprouted ragi is gluten-free and is known for its amazing flavours. Breakfast made from it will improve the health of your digestive tract. Adding sprouted ragi in the diet can do wonders as it has high fibre and polyphenol. Both are highly effective in controlling the glucose levels in the blood. Instead of including too much carbohydrate in the food, switch to healthier options. Other than this, it also has the lowest natural fat levels. So, adding it to the breakfast meal will not only give you a healthy start but will also cut fat from the body. It is good for all ages including babies & senior citizens.
- Make delicious and nourishing Ragi Idli, Ragi Dosa, Ragi Puttu, Ragi Porridge and Ragi Roti, Laddus, Pancakes etc.